At least five persons were killed while another was wounded in shootings in Metro Manila since Thursday.
In Quezon City, four unidentified assailants barged into Arnulfo Dasig’s house along Gumamela Extension in Barangay Payatas and shot Dasig, 62; construction worker Oliver Balisi, 24, and Edgar Las Pinas, 43, as the victims were watching television at around 11 p.m.
Las Pinas told police the assailants, wearing bonnets and black shirts, ordered them to drop to the floor and he heard successive gunshots. He said he saw Balisi bleeding on a wooden chair and Dasig lying face down on the bed.
Las Pinas was able to seek help from neighbors. He was taken to the Quirino Memorial Medical Center for treatment.
Police recovered seven open plastic sachets with traces of suspected shabu, a loaded .45 caliber Armscor pistol, P17,950 in cash, mobile phones, a pocket scale and jewelry at the scene as well as seven bullet casings.
In Barangay Greater Fairview, passersby found Eduardo Garcia, 50, dead along Regalado Avenue at around 2 a.m. He had been shot repeatedly.
Two sachets said to contain shabu were found near the victim and eight cartridge cases were recovered at the crime scene.
In Caloocan City, an unidentified pedicab driver was shot at the corner of Tuna street and C-3 Road in Barangay 28 shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday.
The victim died while being treated at the Caloocan City Medical Center.
Meanwhile, Jeheil Jaldo Cahima, 26, was talking with friends in front of a spa along Zapote Road in Barangay 178, Camarin when several masked men arrived and shot him repeatedly around 4 a.m.
Cahima died on the spot while the gunmen escaped on separate motorcycles.
Probers recovered several spent shells from a .45 caliber pistol.
City police chief investigator Senior Inspector Ilustre Mendoza said they are still validating reports that Cahima was a member of a gang of drug pushers and robbers operating in North Caloocan.
On the other hand, three alleged pushers were arrested in separate stings in Malabon and Caloocan Thursday.
Edwin Mangahas was reportedly caught with four sachets of shabu and marked money along Concepcion street in Barangay Tugatog, Malabon at around 9:30 p.m.
Arnel Abad yielded three sachets of shabu in a bust along Tumaris street, also in Barangay Tugatog, an hour later.
In Caloocan, Rizaldy Salcedo was allegedly caught receiving a sachet of shabu along 3rd Avenue off Sagrada Familia street shortly before midnight.